Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Planning for the Future

A bit of a ramble:
I recently started working in a new library. My old library had the teen department as part of the adults department. My new one has it as part of the youth services department. I will attend my first programming meeting with my new library on Thursday. At my old library, for the longest time we had no head of the teen department and the adult department pretty much let me and my cohort do whatever we wanted to - within budget, of course. The new library has a lot more structure to the way they do programs and youth services has been running teens for a few months now. I'm excited and a wee bit nervous about how things are going to go.
I am still a part-time supervisor at my other library. So scheduling is a bit of a juggle, but I'm used to that. But next week, I start my Master's program to work towards getting my library degree.

Teen Librarian Goal 
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment